Mary Matha Boarding House, a “Home away from home”
Mary Matha Boarding House, a “Home away from home” was founded in 1998, the same year when Mary Matha Matric Hr. Sec. School started blossoming in Theni. The Boarding House is a part of the School and it is also owned by Kottayam St. Joseph’s Province of the religious Congregation of the Carmelites of Mary Immaculate (CMI Fathers). Mary Matha Boarding House is one in which the students reside under the care of teachers. Thus boarding house is a formation centre and Mary Matha Hostel prides itself as the most trusted name in Education. During School hours, students and teachers are able to interact only for a limited time. But in the Boarding House the students and teachers are in constant touch with each other. There is a contact of mind with mind, and also the influence of soul upon soul. In fact this is something like the old “Gurukulavasa”. This contact tends to form the character of the inmates under the noble direction and able guidance of Rev. Fathers of the CMI Congregation. During holidays, the students are allowed to be with their parents and near and dear ones.
Mary Matha Hostel provides
- Calm and serene atmosphere for the pursuit of academic excellence.
- Special coaching classes begin at 5.30 pm and end at 8.00 pm. A batch of
teachers handling all subjects are available till 8.00 pm and they help the
children in learning.
- Special attention for spiritual and holistic development, moral and intellectual,
social and cultural values along with physical goals are amply facilitated for the
students to imbibe.
- Vast campus with football, volley ball, basketball courts, and spacious place for
- Nutritious food with a blend of balanced diet for a healthy physique and
- All festivals of national importance, and of all religions are celebrated with
pomp and gaiety aimed at national integration and inter-religious harmony.
- Fathers and the hostel wardens strive hard to make the hostlers aspire for
wisdom, grow with moral uprightness and develop optimistic outlook with God
- Separate Hostels for Boys and Girls in two different blocks with state-of-the-art
- Highly conducive and salubriously ventilated dormitories with two tier beds.
- Students are trained on various soft skills to help them to be placed in MNCs in
the later part of their career.
- Pleasing landscape and a calm atmosphere is sure to awaken the spirit of the
scholars to educationally explore, and sooth the mind and calm the soul.
- The Boarding House throws a glimpse at the glorious past, a dynamic present
and a promising future.
- Mary Matha Boarding House beckons every enthusiastic parent to experience
the skill-thrill-drill at Mary Matha Boarding House, the most trusted name in
nurturing children away from home.
It is undoubtedly a ‘ Home away from Home ‘.